Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The house we are going to bring our babies home to

I love the fact that I was raised in the same house my parents live in today. It is just so cool to go home, sit in my old room and remember all the fun things that we used to do as kids. I can't wait to take our babies back home and tell them about my childhood... Dressing my brother up as a girl, making my sister play in the closet (ok, those make me sound pretty bad but I swear they still love me) playing house and daydreaming about what it would be like to have a family of my own one day. Also, my dad made the best blanket tents!

Jorde and I drove by the house he grew up in one day after leaving six flags and decided it wouldn't hurt to knock on the door and see if we could walk around. That was really neat for him to tell me about his childhood there. He showed me where his dad strung fishing line from one end of the living room to the other and they would play GI Joes for hours, jumping over the sofa's to rescue their brother from the "tickle monster" and tossing their dog from the porch yelling "fly puppy fly" (I can't make this stuff up people!)

It seems that memories are brought back to life when you go back to where you made them. It is also funny how much bigger everything seems when you are smaller. I swear my bedroom shrunk!

Well, as you might have imagined my pretend "playing house" has become a reality and Jorde and I started the long process of finding our perfect home to raise our children in. We looked at more than 50 houses easy! It was a true search for the perfect childhood memory making home. I am happy to report that we found it!

This house is perfect for us! It is a 4/4 with a guest house for my parents to come stay with us for an extended period of time if needed. The downstairs is one huge room that is great for entertaining and watching after young kiddos. This house couldn't be more perfect for us. We even have a pediatrician across the street from us! I am so very excited to bring Sloan home to our new house that seems to have been made perfectly for us.

I wanted to share a few pictures of it with you all. We will be moving in on November 11th.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, JJ! Where in Dallas is it located?

    And congrats again on your little girl!

    ReplyDelete