Monday, December 12, 2011

3rd TRIMESTER (It's a doozy)

Take a deep breath... hold it for 3 seconds and repeat 5 times.... that's better! What an amazing release of stress a simple breath is. I am so glad to have my focus back on being pregnant so I can take more of those breaths and RELAX for the sake of little miss Sloan. I am huge believer that a high stress pregnancy creates a high stress baby.

Jorde and I have done everything we know how to do to keep me from stressing and getting uptight during this pregnancy and I think (I pray anyways) that Sloan will be the living proof that a happy momma makes a happy baby... If not... I will blame it on genetics as both Jorde and I were colic and high stress babies. That said, it is not to mean that I haven't kept myself extremely busy. Busy is an understatement but that is how I like it. Now that the "BUSY" of our world has come to a momentary pause my breaths can continue and I can focus on this big "o" baby growing in my belly.

Yesterday was a much needed recovery day for the five of us (Jorde, Sloan, Me and the dogs)and we made the most of it by ordering in my favorite salad from Gloria's (if you haven't had their tropical salad you aren't living) and watching football and movies in our bedroom. This is where I interject a funny pregnancy moment.

There are simple times in life that you don't recognize as a "memory making moment" but years later you will look back and it will make you smile a big smile. I have alot of those times with Jorde in the past 9 years. they were simple moments that left a mark for one reason or another. Yesterday was one of those days but the difference is, I knew it would be. we were laying on the bed watching football and I recognized the simple perfection that the moment was... and then.. because I'm me, I started to tell Jorde that I loved this moment and the next thing I know I am bawling my eyes out telling him how I never want things to change. He is trying to be comforting but he is finding everything I say to be so ridiculous that he just can't help but laugh through his touching words.. It was terrible. I went from crying hysterically to laughing and crying so hard that I really did think I was going to have a Brain Aneurysm because I was not able to take in any air. I was just starting to gain my composer again when another thought entered my mind "60 more years with this man just isn't enough time"... at that I went back into hysterical crying which then turned into hysterical crying and laughing because I knew how ridiculous I sounded and looked but it seemed so rational to me. After my second breakdown had subsided and Jorde was done being consoling he made me aware that the second trimester was WAY easier and this emotional roller coaster is going to take some getting used to. He also let me know that while he appreciated me crying over his death that is to come in another 60 or so years, I shouldn't worry about it because once we both are dead we can spend forever together... oh man. This 45 minute dialogue was one for the books for sure. I will most likely never live it down.

As always, the weekend leading into my meltdown was amazing! We had Jorde's firm Christmas Party which is always SO MUCH fun! and Saturday we had our 4th annual "Grown Up Christmas Party." I can not tell you how much I LOVE our friends. What a good time. I ended up staying up with them until 2 in the morning and waking up to find that some had decided to stay the night so I made cinnamon rolls and coffee! it was just awesome. Below are some pictures Jorde's firm party and our Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment