Sunday, December 4, 2011

Making Memories and Living Life

What did I ever do to deserve the gift of amazing friends and family? I find myself asking this question a lot lately. Truth be told, I am not a very good friend. It isn’t intentional but I am very much an out of sight out of mind kind of person but it seems that no matter how bad of a friend I am, my friends make up for it 10 fold. They are INCREDIBLE! Same thing for my family. What would we do without these people that have surrounded us with love, support, and laughter during this journey?

My mom, sister, and I went to home depot last week and had the best time! We walked in and saw Santa! Of course we had to take a picture with the Santa at Home Depot. After that short detour we set out to find our items and along the way a few things happened: There was a group of men on an isle that my sister and I were walking down (mind you, we had no make up on, were in sweats, and I am 7 months pregnant!!!) I noticed they were kinda checking us out.. I thought “whatever” but then.. THEN, one of the guys did a full turn to watch us walk by and I couldn’t help it.. My motherly instinct (or hormones) kicked in and I hit him on his shoulder and told him to “stop it!” He laughed at me and I told him “It wasn’t funny” and we went on our way. My sister looked at me and we burst into laughter. I can’t believe I assaulted a man in Home Depot!!! Next we realized that we had lost our mom so we did the only thing we were ever taught to do if we were lost in a store. We went to the front and had “Dana Moreland, Your daughters are at the front of the store.. Dana Moreland, Your daughters are safe at the front of the store” paged out. She comes running back into the store because apparently she forgot she taught us that as young children and she had gone to make sure the car was still there. On her way back in after insuring we were still here she smelt the hotdog stand that HomeDepot always has outside and decided to purchase a hotdog for her and one for my dad. As soon as we got in the car it exploded with weird aromas and I could have sworn her hotdog took on the smell of a nickel. From that point forward we had the giggles. My sister and I kept doing the “Elf” thing where we sniff twice and say “you stink” It was a great trip and a memory I am glad to have shared with my momma and baby sister.

Last night was the CF event that Jorde and I were asked to speak at. Our amazing friends came out to support us and what a great time and a huge success! The chair people on that event really did an outstanding job! It wasn’t until this morning that it sunk in just how much it meant to me that our friends came out to support us.. Not only that, but how much it means to me that they are always there for us. We are extremely lucky people to have made lifelong friends like ours.

So.. as you can tell (because I am able to blog again), things are starting to calm down a little (just a little.) We have made it through the transition to landlords, closed on our new house and moved, hosted two thanksgivings, and gave our speech at the CF event. Next up, Jorde’s company Christmas party, our “4th Annual Grown-Up Christmas party”, heading to Amarillo for Christmas with my family, and hosting the Scott Family Christmas. After that it’s BABY BABY BABY!! WOO-HOO!

Speaking of baby, our crib has arrived in the metroplex (meaning, it’s close but not to its new home yet) and our glider will be delivered mid next week. The dresser is on backorder so it should be here in 3 or so more weeks. In the meanwhile, the nursery will be painted next Tuesday. As you would expect, I am going back and forth on the color combos I have chosen for the room but I am sure they will look fabulous! I am a “safe” color girl but this pregnancy has really brought out the “rebel” in me when it comes to color choices. I would have been much more comfortable going with a nursery that used tranquil whites, creams, and beiges but I really wanted something that would spark imagination and when I saw my furniture set I knew I had found it but it naturally pushed me out of my comfort zone. The furniture would not have “popped” if I went with my safe colors so I decided to go with Greens and Dark Pink (as an accent color.) I can’t wait to post pictures of the nursery but until then you will just have to use your imagination of what I could possibly be up to ;) the possibilities are endless!!

When it comes to Sloan it seems that we can’t get enough of her. She has so much energy and strength it seems. We can see her rolling around and feel her making, what seems to be, calculated movements. She is really intrigued by Jorde’s voice and seems to shift in the direction that his voice is coming from. What a gift! Monday we get to go in for our sonogram and can NOT wait to see her in action! I will post pictures of her soon after. It is also that time of the pregnancy where we can do the 3d pictures. I have gone back and forth on this for a few weeks now and while I really REALLY want to see her face I think we are going to wait and be surprised when she arrives. I know, I know… this seems crazy and trust me, I am checking myself in for evaluations but this will be our little surprise. Like the parents who don’t find out the sex of the child. We will find out all at once if she got her daddy’s chocolate brown eyes or her mommy’s deep ocean blue eyes along with all the other features we are so excited to fall in love with.

This morning (and in the middle of the night) Sloan woke me up with her moving around. I told Jorde that we officially have an alien. Instead of just kicks and karate chops I am feeling smooth glides and maybe some fingers and toes.. not sure but I am sure it is not just an abrupt movement. I imagine her stretching out and seeing just how far she can go, testing her limits just like her dad. Oh man, what will she be like! I can’t wait to find out. Jorde and I have such different personalities it will be interesting to see how she favors each of us.

I wanted to share a glimpse into our future as I end this post. I follow a lady's blog who has a three year old daughter with CF. she doesn't post about it daily because she is busy living life but from time to time she posts about things that give us a better understanding of what we should be prepared for. I don't know this lady and she certainly doesn't have a clue who I am but I find her blog comforting and truly appreciate her time that she takes out of her busy life to, unknowingly, put me at ease.

Here is her blog site:
http://www.cfparent.com/?p=1497

No comments:

Post a Comment