Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Husband

If you have heard me say it once you have heard me say it a thousand times. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have married the man I did. He is smart, handsome, ambitious, caring, and to top it all off, he loves me more than I ever thought a person could.

When I was a little girl my dad always filled my head with magical stories of men who treated me like the princess that I was. Not that I didn't believe him but I just found it hard to believe that one of these immature "boys" would one day be my prince charming. Jorde was no exception to the term "immature boy" but our past is ours and made us who we are today. During our early years of dating we would argue or he would hurt my feelings and I would first ask myself why I was putting up with this but always come back to the same conclusion, there was a man inside of this "immature boy" that I wanted to get to know. He would show himself every once and a while and walking away from that seemed like the dumbest thing I could ever do. I was right.

Since going from "wife" to "mother of his child" He has shown even more of that man I was so excited to get to know. Patience is not a Scott trait that they pride themselves in but patient is what he has been! If I am tired, he lets me sleep; if I am hungry but have no energy to get something for myself he makes it for me. I have hardly touched the dishes since becoming pregnant. Our dogs are almost 100% his responsibility because they drive me mad (I haven't had many crazy pregnant lady outbreaks but my dogs are testing me daily.) The list goes on and on..

He did all of these things before but I wanted to make sure to give credit where credit is due. My husband rocks and has made this experience amazing.


Oh, did I mention he is going to be the most amazing dad!! I mean it!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jorde!!! :) Thanks for treating JJ so well, she deserves it. xoxo, Emma

    ReplyDelete