Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Note to Our Child

We have not met you yet but you are our child. We have heard your heartbeat, which made our hearts skip a beat, seen your beautiful face and counted your fingers on a screen. We have dreamed about what you will be like when you arrive and are praying for you everyday to keep up your perfect progress.

We are so in love with every ounce of you! Today you are the size of a PEACH! Can you believe it!! I can't believe that you are inside of me doing your thing, growing and listening to all that is waiting for you out here in the world. I know you are already excited to meet the voices you keep hearing; Me, your dad, Jersey, and Hattie... we are excited to meet you too. Jersey and Hattie know you are in there, they won't leave me alone!! There is so much to do to get ready for your arrival so don't come any earlier then you need to. We want everything to be just perfect. The doctors will be able to tell us by Friday if you are boy or a girl and once that news hits it will be no time at all until we have everything exactly how we want it for you.

Today we got to see you play around in my belly. You are certainly your fathers child, although he said you reminded him of my sleeping habits. You couldn't seem to get comfortable after we woke you up so you just rolled around for a few minutes and pushed the wand away anytime you felt it come close to you. Did it tickle? You took my breath away, You had me crying and laughing with joy so hard it was hard to get a good signal because the wand was bouncing with my belly.

Also, little man or princess, you should know that mommy needs some blood too! I had to give blood today and fainted because I didn't have enough to give. Don't worry, we checked on you after that and you were happy as a clam. With hiccups to boot!

You have already changed our lives and brought us so much joy. We are so proud to call you our child and know that there will not be a day that goes by we don't recognize the miracle that you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment