Monday, August 8, 2011

Ocean City New Jersey




During our 7th week of pregnancy we went to Ocean City New Jersey with the Varga family. In case I don't say it enough, I thank God everyday for the families that I married into.

Jorde's Mimi grew up on that beach and raised her kids there in the summers. The town really is a slice of 1952. Picture perfect family town.. Which was perfect being that we would be getting a peek into the life of a family with 3 kiddos under the age of 14 had in store for us. An adventure to say the least.

Up until this point I had felt a pregnancy symptom here and there but this was the week it really set in. I was in bed by 8 and eating carbs every few hours to keep my stomach satisfied. I could have sworn that our child was doubling in size every 5 minutes.

This trip was extra special to me looking back because I have always watched the way Paul and Michelle parent their three boys and admired their approach. This week was a lot of sitting back and watching for me. It is so impressive to me that these little boys were on their way to being fine young men and it was all thanks to the constant effort that their parents and family have put into them.

They really are an inspiration and it was great to spend an entire week with the entire Varga family to drive home the value of good parenting and a good family support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment